Health Nexus presents a free online course for
service providers on "Supporting
Parents When They Experience Mental Health Challenges".
The course consists of three online modules, and is divided into the following topics:
- Module 1: Understanding Mental Health Challenges.
- Module 2: Assessing Risk and Managing Crises.
- Module 3: Supporting Parenting Skills.
This course is filled with interactive activities and is designed for service providers working with parents who are expecting a baby or have young children. It has been developed in Ontario, Canada, but much of the content is applicable to other jurisdictions.
The goal of this course is to assist service workers to support parents who are struggling with mental health challenges by providing the following information:
- How to recognize the impacts of mental health challenges on parenting.
- How to help clients who are experiencing a crisis.
- How to support the parenting skills of clients with mental health challenges.
- And how to recognize when to get more information and support.
Currently, this course is only available in English.